Message from our CEO Rick Bellamy about the Covid-19 / Corona virus.
To the RPI Community
As a company that exists to make real connections, our hearts go out to everyone who is dealing with the repercussions of the Covid-19 virus. Our first priority is the health and wellbeing of our community, which today encompasses people across the world. This crisis is impacting us all at some level; whether that is caring for a vulnerable friend or family member, school closings, changes at your place of employment, or simply the challenge of getting basic items at the grocery store. As always, our top priority is assuring the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and communities.
RPI’s print production facilities are located around the world, with technologies that enable a distributed manufacturing platform for our customers. With the pandemic expanding, we have taken steps across our network to minimize the impact, while assuring our team is safe and that we are able to fulfill orders in a rapidly evolving situation. In an effort to include all of our community in our efforts, I wanted to provide an overview of our business continuity plan:
Protecting employees – Our people are the heart of our business and protecting them and their families is the top priority.
- We are cleaning all areas and surfaces in our facilities carefully and thoroughly
- We have reduced the number of people at breaks / lunches and spaced chairs apart from each other. Employees that are able to work from their homes are doing so
- We have reduced in-person meetings and limited them to no more than four people in a room together
- We are using use video conferences even when in the office
- We are assuring that any individual showing any symptoms of illness is not at work
- We have increased our PTO policy to allow people to take time off with pay to quarantine themselves if needed
- We are working with local and state governments to help our employees navigate this period of slowdown in our business.
Assuring continued production – This is an evolving situation and RPI’s core value of Adaptability is key to our ongoing success.
- We have validated that our supply chains are able to assure, for the time being, that we have no interruptions to required materials and supplies
- We have increased the redundancy of products manufactured at our locations, allowing us to flex production if required
- We have cross-trained employees to assure that we can continue to operate critical production equipment
Increased communications – We exist to make real connections on an authentic level and help you build real connections with your communities.
- We are providing updated information from the CDC to our employees to help them understand the virus and what they can do to help minimize the spread
- We are staying in contact with our customers to answer questions
- We will be publishing updates frequently to keep all stakeholders up to date
We are committed to being transparent with you as this situation evolves, and we all manage through the various disruptions in our lives. RPI is working to minimize those where we can and assure everyone that we have contingencies in place to continue to serve you. We will be publishing updates frequently as we adapt to our new reality of Covid-19 in the workplace and around the world.
In the meantime, personalized products are a great way to show your customers, colleagues, friends and family that you are thinking about them. So let’s work together to find innovative ways to connect with each other in a time of physical social distancing.