Sr. Director/Director of Brand and Creative
Blurb is seeking an exceptional strategic brand and creative leader who will be responsible for leading the company’s brand vision, storytelling, content and creative initiatives. This is a high profile, leadership role as Editorial and Design in Chief, who can differentiate and evolve Blurb messaging and positioning, and craft compelling narratives through multiple channels/mediums including video, digital, social, email, website, blogs etc. He/she should be an expert in visual branding, design, editorial, copy and content marketing. This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will efficiently manage in-house creative resources, inspire and deliver outstanding work and assets required to execute on marketing strategy, customer lifecycle and ongoing/seasonal calendar that drives business results.
- Develop and manage a differentiated communication and brand platform, strategy and architecture including product messaging, and showcases Blurb’s unique value to customers, prospects and communities.
- Lead consumer insights and audience research to define and inform the overall positioning and messaging brand and product platform
- Protect, grow and evolve the brand with vision, narrative, platform, identity, pillars, naming, tone and voice etc.
- Devise and execute unique brand awareness programs that drive growth and engagement with current customers and new/expanded broader audience.
- Refine and scale video and blog strategies in partnership with evangelist.
- • Partner with digital, email and social media channel leaders to devise and review the right kind of copy, editorial and design campaign and assets and deliver in a timely fashion
- • Develop big ideas for seasonal timeframes and a campaign approach for the ongoing copy and design execution for all marketing assets across all media.
- • Work with Product leader/owners in understanding product roadmap, attributes, features and translate/fold into new/ongoing marketing campaigns.
- • Balance creative instincts with data/testing mentality and optimize creative assets and deliverables based on performance in various channels.
Team Leadership, Operations and Management
• There is already an amazing creative team. Continue to grow, inspire and lead a best-in-class brand and design marketing team.
• Build a small core in-house copy and design team while also managing highly scalable external agencies.
• Manage budget for this function including agency and contractor negotiations, contracts and process and business reviews.
• Consistently seek new ways to manage budget/personnel and the workload and build strong flexibility into the team. Be nimble and move fast.
• Develop a strong foundation of new ideas and keeping up with latest trends in creative, technologies, consumer and prosumer space and competitive knowledge.
• Coach/Player mentality - be hands-on in writing and designing as needed ( either copy or design, not both required).
• Determine how to evaluate creative performance, and synthesize and deliver data-informed learning into the overall marketing measurement dashboard.
• Develop highly integrated relationships with the entire senior marketing team and the senior business leadership team and their departments
• 10+ years of demonstrated success and expertise in brand strategy, brand marketing, and creative leadership in corporate and consumer brands with global reach.
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, Blurb business, and the competitive landscape.
• Deep knowledge of all creative design & collaboration tools and digital platforms.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com