San Francisco CA, Seattle WA or Boise ID
Blurb® is seeking a sharp, motivated software engineer to join our eCommerce Platform Team, based in San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA or Boise, ID. We’ve got plenty of interesting software problems to solve and we need a talented and experienced engineer to help us design and develop creative solutions!
You'll design and develop clean, readable, well-tested, and efficient software, using a variety of tools and technologies. With each new feature, members of the software development team review each other's work and provide feedback. Your excellent communication skills will prove invaluable as you articulate thoughts and ideas. As a critical thinker, you'll apply your experience and knowledge to interesting technical problems. You'll estimate development tasks efficiently and relay information to your manager. As a team player and lifelong learner, you'll actively participate in department meetings and vetting out new and better ways to get things done. Your open mind toward change and new technology will allow you to continue to expand your skills.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to-
- Work collaboratively as part of a small, motivated team in an agile environment.
- Bring creativity, strategic thinking and pragmatism coupled with a great “can-do” attitude and the passion and energy to solve problems and deliver high-quality results.
- Participate in requirements elaboration and develop estimates for new projects.
- Participate in Platform on-call rotation (week-long shifts).
- Develop remarkable, innovative software.
- 5+ years of overall Software Engineering experience using OO languages.
- Ruby on Rails experience -- preferably including Ruby 1.9 and Rails 2.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with upgrading legacy systems.
- Experience with AWS & S3 and the tradeoffs between cloud and internally hosted platforms.
- Experience with modern eCommerce platforms such as Shopify.
- A creative energy and passion for custom photo products!!
Every company wants employees who are responsible, enthusiastic and capable team players. That’s a given. At Blurb, we also want creative thinkers. People with a spark, who aren’t afraid to act on it. The strongest candidates share our core values: passion, commitment, adaptability, trust and entrepreneurship.
We’re growing at a rapid clip and it’s not enough to just keep up. We want people who will help drive us forward. We offer competitive salaries and an incentive employee benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org