We are a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. We are accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, we have over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
The Web Application Team enables people all over the globe to buy, sell and share books seamlessly through the platform and beyond. As a member of this agile team, you will be responsible for collaborating and innovating on cutting-edge features and developing a scalable infrastructure to ship features to our worldwide customer base.
As a member of an agile software delivery team, you will be responsible for implementing automated solutions for testing the cutting-edge features we ship to our worldwide customer base. As a Software Engineer in Test, you are also responsible for mentoring and technical guidance for our evolving testing infrastructure. You will research and bring new technologies and ideas to the team to pursue best-in-class automation solutions.
You are a coder and thrive by applying your technical skills to build elegant solutions to meet quality goals. You will debate requirements, defend standards, and write automated tests to ensure timely and bug-free releases of Blurb’s website, services, and content creation tools. We believe the only way to successfully maintain and grow web services is by automating testing at every layer - unit, service, and the integrated system.
This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco headquarters. Occasional work from home is an option.
Education: Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Work Experience: 2 years of experience in building test automation; experience must include (1) Selenium, (2) Rspec, WebDriver, and/or Browserstack, and (3) OOP.
• Solid understanding of OOP and related concepts
• A clear understanding of automated testing landscape as it relates to websites, client/server systems, and REST APIs
• Knowledge of relational databases and the ability to run SQL queries to verify data
• Solid grasp and enthusiasm for Agile development practices
• Experience configuring continuous integration systems, such as Jenkins
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to see the big picture and remain strategic in your decision making
• Results-oriented and proactive
• Positive attitude, collaborative, team player
● 401(k) retirement plan
● Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
● Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
● 9 paid holidays
● 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
How to Apply
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com