Senior Software Engineer
Seattle WA or Rochester NY
RPI’s Centralized Technology Group is seeking a sharp, motivated software developer to join our Dev Team, based at either our Seattle, WA or Rochester, NY location. We’ve got plenty of interesting software problems to solve and we need a talented and experienced developer to help us design and develop creative solutions! You develop and write clean, readable, well-tested, and efficient code in whatever language is needed. With each new code, members of the software development team review each other's work and provide feedback. Your excellent communication skills are essential as you articulate thoughts and ideas. As a critical thinker, you apply your experience and knowledge to company problems. You estimate development tasks efficiently and relay information to your manager. Because you are a team player and lifelong learner, you actively participate in department meetings and continuing education. You have an open mind toward change and new technology that allows you to continue to expand your skills.
RPI (based in Seattle) delivers personalized digital printing services for businesses around the world. Our passion is digital printing, but what we find equally important is building a relationship with our customers. Making real connections. Choosing RPI for your printing work means starting a partnership. A partnership that helps your business keep a step ahead and unburdens you. From IT to print and from warehousing to shipping. To make sure you can do what you do best: running your business. Just leave the rest to us.
Essential Job Functions
Include but are not limited to-
- Work collaboratively as part of a small, motivated team in an agile environment.
- Bring creativity, strategic thinking and pragmatism coupled with an awesome “can-do” attitude and the passion and energy to solve problems and deliver high-quality results.
- Participate in requirements elaboration and develop estimates for new projects.
- Develop remarkable, innovative software.
- 5+ years of overall Dev experience using OO languages.
- 3+ years of experience with C#, .Net framework, REST APIs.
- Practical knowledge of MVC, ASP.Net, SQL, Linq, XML, XSD and XSLT.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with MVC, WCF, Windows Services, multithreading in .NET, TPL, SQL Server, test automation, software architecture
Every company wants employees who are responsible, enthusiastic and capable team players. That’s a given. At RPI, we also want creative thinkers. People with a spark, who aren’t afraid to act on it. The strongest candidates share our core values: passion, commitment, adaptability, trust and entrepreneurship.
We’re growing at a rapid clip and it’s not enough to just keep up. We want people who will help drive us forward. We offer competitive salaries and an incentive employee benefits package. In our US locations, RPI provides benefit plans that exceed the market in contributions towards employee and dependent coverage.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com