Press Technician 3
Position offered at the Atlanta facility
The Press Technician 3 (PT3) works as part of the plant maintenance team, which provides maintenance support for press and finishing equipment, as well as for building systems and facilities. With a primary focus on maintenance of the press fleet, this position supports Operations in achieving labor efficiency and productivity goals. By combining both sound preventative scheduled maintenance procedures and advanced troubleshooting skills, the PT3 maximizes machine performance, equipment uptime, and product quality in a safe and timely manner. He/she works collaboratively with the manufacturing and administrative staff in delivering to our customers the highest level of products and service.
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety standards, including but not limited to such things as lockout/tagout, PPE, fall protection, hazardous chemical use and forklift safety
- Maintain positive and respectful working relationships with coworkers, exemplifying the cultural values of RPI – passion, commitment, adaptability, trust and entrepreneurship
- Respond and communicate in a timely manner regarding HelpDesk tickets and other requests to resolve problems related to maintenance
- Troubleshoot and repair state-of-the-art printing equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled following standard procedures.
- Rebuild major machine components to reduce maintenance costs. (Level 3)
- Record spare parts usage to maintain an accurate spare parts inventory.
- Modify or assemble structures/workflow for production to enhance productivity, or safety without voiding equipment warranty or service contracts.
- Collaborate with other service technicians to further understanding of complex machine operations.
- Assist Production Leads by providing operator training, identifying reoccurring operator performance issues, and insure compliance to best practices.
- Follow PPE, lockout/tagout procedures when working on equipment.
- Support the installation, development and startup of new processes in support of new product launches.
- Supports Rapid Improvement Workshops to optimize production processes and eliminate waste.
- Lift up to 50lbs as required
- Safe and professional operation of manual, power and diagnostic tools required for facility and equipment maintenance
- Work effectually within a collaborative team
- Demonstrated disciplined approach to troubleshooting (mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, and electronics).
- Demonstrated experience with all press operations, and all preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience with basic troubleshooting. Perform most troubleshooting with minimal amount of supervision or guidance (level 3). Perform advanced level of troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Collaborate with HP technicians.
- Perform remote diagnostics via phone with level 1 and level 2.
- Demonstrated experience with electrical wiring (electrical boxes, control panels, etc).
- Demonstrated experience with electrical sensors (limit switches, prox switches, photoeyes, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with precision motion control systems utilizing stepper and servo motors.
- Demonstrated experience with machine controllers or PLCs.
- Demonstrated ability to read electrical circuit diagrams and Relay Ladder Logic.
- Must be able to perform repairs using all necessary equipment and proficient in their use to diagnose root cause analysis. (level 3)
- Must be able to use voltmeters and ammeters for troubleshooting (level 3).
- Understands and promotes workplace safety (PPE, Interlocks, Lockout/Tagout, Ergonomics, Hazardous Materials)
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Excel
HP Indigo Level 2 or 3 certification for Series 3 and 4 presses
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in maintaining digital press equipment
- Actively engaged in continuous learning of the applicable technology through participation in forums, company exchanges, technology events, best practices.