Maintenance Technician / Atlanta
The purpose to this position is to support Operations in achieving labor efficiency and productivity goals. These goals will be met through the use of sound preventative maintenance procedures and schedules, low machine downtime achieved through spare parts availability, the use of proper tools and training to perform repairs in the field, and through the application of deliberate troubleshooting skills.
- Modifies and assembles structures to enhance productivity, or safety.
- Follows preventative maintenance procedures and provide training to machine operators.
- Develops and mentors maintenance technicians and machine operators.
- Works closely with manufacturer’s service providers to further understand complex machine operations.
- Supports Rapid Improvement Workshops to optimize production processes and eliminate waste.
- Supports the installation, development and startup of new processes in support of new product launches.
- Ability to work in a high stress, highly dynamic environment.
- Possess a sound knowledge of machine operation, setup, and machine safety
- Disciplined mechanical troubleshooting (mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics)
- Knowledgeable in workshop power tools (drill press, grinders, bandsaw, etc.)
- Familiar with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Familiar with lubrication systems (oilers, air filters, etc)
- Familiar with electrical wiring (electrical boxes, control panels, etc)
- Familiar with electrical sensors (limit switches, prox switches, photoeyes, etc.)
- Familiar with the use of voltmeter and ammeters for troubleshooting
- Understands and promotes workplace safety (Interlocks, Lockout/Tagout , Ergonomics, Hazardous Materials)
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience with machine controllers (Relays, PLCs) is desirable
- Knowledge of Relay Ladder Logic and PLCs is desirable
- Knowledgeable in electrical circuit diagrams is desirable
- Knowledgeable in electric motors (AC, DC, stepper) in desirable
- Forklift operator certificate is desirable
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Training certificate for machine service organization or technical training in packaging, automotive, or military systems is desirable
- 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in machine maintenance.