General Ledger Accountant
RPI is a leading make-on-demand producer of private label personalized photo books, greeting cards and stationery and business products for mass and specialty retailers. We have been doing this for over 40 years from our facilities in North America (Seattle, Atlanta, Boise and Rochester) and Europe (Eindhoven, The Netherlands). Our passion is digital printing, but what we find equally important is building a relationship with our customers. Making real connections. Choosing RPI for your printing work means starting a partnership. For more information please visit www.rpiprint.com.
We are looking for a General Ledger Accountant who is hard-working, self-motivated, organized and shares a passion for excellence to join our sturdy-dynamic team. The GLA’s responsibility is to apply the principles of accounting to analyze financial information, to prepare financial reports and process transactions. This position will support our North America operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, and documents business transactions.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Audits contracts, orders, vouchers, RMA’s/credits and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with GAAP and Company procedures.
- Review and investigate any errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Installs, modifies, documents and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Manages Epicor general ledger system and becomes the subject matter general ledger expert; advises other team members on general ledger topics
- Reconciles and reviews assigned general ledger accounts
- Recommends process improvements to support accurate and consistent financial reporting, and to support a strong internal control environment
- Collects appropriate data and prepares state and local tax returns.
- Assists with annual audit and tax return -, working with outside CPA firm
- Collects appropriate data and assists with VAT and foreign tax filings
- Perform analyses to determine trends, estimates and significant changes and writes narrative reports explaining findings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years of GL Experience
- Proficient in MS Office, with strong Excel skills
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, balancing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Very organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shows commitment through execution of responsibilities regardless of the challenges posed
- Experience with a Tier-1 or Tier-2 ERP system is a plus
Why work for RPI?
At RPI you will get to work with a group of highly dedicated and passionate people that are working together to make real connections. We offer a competitive benefits package, 401(K) with immediate vested match, nine paid holidays, generous PTO and most importantly, it’s a fun place to work with a diverse work force!
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com