Director of Human Resources
Position offered at the Seattle location
RPI-Blurb’s mission is to provide tools, products and services that inspire and enable creators to make, share and sell their work. On this journey, we seek a forward thinking, hands-on HR leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who will lead the Human Resources Team in all functions and aspects related to HR. This is a great opportunity to make your mark on an interesting business which has grown significantly through recent acquisitions, and help to really drive and refine our best practices to take us to the next level.
- Strategic HR leadership: Provide overall strategic leadership and guidance to the Company by overseeing career and talent development, performance management, succession planning, risk management and safety, retention, training, events planning, policy making, compliance, compensation, and benefits. Develop the company-wide people strategy to support strategic business goals.
- Team Building and Management: coach and mentor the HR team across all sites. Establish and maintain sound relationships with management and employees to promote best HR practices, inspire team building and build an inspired culture throughout the organization.
- Compliance: ensure that the company is following all EEOC guidelines, maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the database, continuously analyze company policies and revise as needed, collaborate with legal department regarding sensitive matters.
- Employee Relations: Manage employee relations matters implementing strategies to ensure adherence to ethical standards across the organization; oversee the onboarding process and orientation with a strong focus on retention by building and maintaining organizational culture.
- Training: perform gap analysis to determine current needs, partner with management on leadership and employee development initiatives and succession planning.
- Employee review process: Manage performance management process including goal setting, check-ins and semi-annual employee reviews.
- Salary Planning: drive and manage the salary planning process including participation in compensation surveys and ensuring that salary bands are competitive
- Talent Acquisition: Align talent strategy to be an employer of choice; oversee recruiting efforts; develop and implement a recruitment marketing campaign, create job leveling and offers, support Visa and immigration process by working closely with our immigration attorney, follow up on references and process background checks.
- Total Rewards: Advise and administer total rewards programs, serve as a consultative partner with employees and leadership personnel regarding benefits, compensation, and recognition. Work closely and negotiate with our brokers to ensure we are competitive with our benefits package.
- Culture: Partner with senior leaders in implementing employee engagement initiatives at the organizational, team, and individual employee levels; Implement programs and policies designed to improve the Company’s culture and performance.
- Payroll: oversee the payroll process, review, and approve for processing to the accounting team.
- Finance: Assist with analysis of job revenue, cost and profitability by job and/or project, as well as quarterly and yearly analysis and reporting.
- Budgeting: work within established operating budgets and maintain daily tracking and analysis of benchmarking information in conjunction with labor.
You are right for this role if you have….
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of HR leadership experience, with at least 5 years of executive HR leadership for a manufacturing, production, and/or light industrial company
- Experience leading the HR function for an ecommerce or technology company a plus
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred
- Experience leading the HR function for US multi state locations, Global experience a plus
- Proficient with other MS Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with multiple cultures and levels within an organization
- High level of professionalism, including strong written and verbal skills
- Exhibits passion by continuously striving for the best possible outcomes
- Shows commitment through execution of responsibilities regardless of the challenges posed
- Adapts to new circumstances readily and supports change
- Fosters trust by communicating openly and acting with integrity
- Possesses an entrepreneurial nature by imagining what is possible, and taking ownership of the outcomes
Why work for RPI?
At RPI-Blurb you will get to work with a group of highly dedicated and passionate people that are working together to inspire the world’s creators to share their stories. We offer a competitive benefits package, 401(K) with immediate vested match, nine paid holidays, generous PTO and most importantly, it’s a fun place to work with a diverse work force!
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org