DIRECTOR OF ECOMMERCE SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
Blurb is seeking an experienced, innovative and collaborative technology leader to lead our eCommerce Systems Engineering team! This is a great opportunity to put your mark on a well-established standalone eCommerce business that is making the transition into a vertically integrated strategic enterprise.
Location- San Francisco CA, Seattle WA or Boise ID
In this position, you will:
- Provide strong people leadership in line with our culture of collaboration and empowerment. We're intentional about the culture we're trying to build here, driving the company values of Passion, Commitment, Adaptability, Trust and Entrepreneurship and our vision to Make Real Connections -- with our customers, partners, and with each other!
- Direct and build a cohesive team both internally and externally, and mentor the professional growth of your technical staff
- Leverage your solid foundation in software engineering to craft and drive to an architectural vision, and build scalable, maintainable, performant and secure systems and tools
- Be a strong advocate for agile methodologies and drive our continued adoption and refinement of the relevant processes and tools to improve our effectiveness in a spirit of continuous improvement
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with teams such as Product, Marketing, C.S. and the Executive team
- Understand and represent the inherent tradeoffs between supporting and extending legacy technologies while driving toward the future
- Be a passionate enabler for the creative expression that our services enable for our customers
To do this, you'll bring to the table:10+ years in software engineering, including leadership across a diverse set of tools and systems7+ years leading the development of large-scale, Internet-based, customer-facing applications5+ years hand-on software development5+ years in progressively responsible leadership roles3+ years as a manager or director in an eCommerce environmentExperience working with geographically-distributed teamsBSCS or equivalent experience
It would be nice to have:
- Experience with upgrading legacy systems
- Experience with AWS and the tradeoffs between cloud and internally hosted platforms
- Experience with modern eCommerce platforms such as Shopify
- Experience with Information Security, in particular maintaining PCI compliance in an eCommerce enterprise
- A creative energy and passion for custom photo products!!
- An opinion or two on how to improve Blurb.com and BookWright
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurb.