Blurb is seeking an experienced, innovative, and collaborative DevOps Engineer to join our growing IT team! As a member of our DevOps team, you will be working in close collaboration with other DevOps team members in the goal of supporting both the broader engineering and development teams. Key to this role is understanding the underlying goals of projects and task objectives. Then translate them into solid solutions while managing both risk and urgency. The goal of which will help us maintain and scale an ever-evolving production environment while helping to continuously grow, build, and improve our deployment tools and processes.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 3+ years as a DevOps/TechOps engineer or directly related role such as IT or systems engineer
Solid background and experience in a Linux based environment as a system administrator.
- Knowledge and experience in the administration of bare-metal systems.
Experience working with and deploying virtualization and containerization technologies
- Working knowledge administration of VMware hypervisors
- o Terraform scripting is a big plus
- Working understanding of operating system virtualization
Deep knowledge of deploying and configuring Ansible solutions
- Experience scripting between Ansible, VMWare, and RHEL a plus
Working knowledge and understanding of basic application and systems networking
- Understanding of common data center connectivity
Hands-on experience and administration of common system automation tools
- Agent and Agentless base configurations.
- Push-pull methodologies
Ability to triage or troubleshoot an incident from start to resolution
- Provide detailed root cause analysis to prevent incident re-occurrence
- interpret and debug system and application error logs
Familiarity with common and best practices in CI / CD lifecycles
Background and experience with common development tools and practices
Preferred or additional skills
Scripting familiarity in one or more back-end system coding languages
Experience in the administration and active maintenance of a live production environment.
Addition duties of this role may include the support and assistance in the administration and maintenance of our current data center with older versions of the same technology.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com