Customer Account Manager
This person has overall responsibility for the communication, planning and coordination of active projects for assigned client accounts. He or she also serves as the primary day-to-day RPI contact for those accounts, and is responsible for the client relationship and expanding RPI’s position within accounts by delivering consistent exemplary customer service.
- Be the customer account advocate by providing leadership and direction within RPI for assigned customer accounts.
- Be the RPI advocate by guiding the customer to success with RPI’s value-added solutions and capabilities.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations with timely, informative responses through email, face-to-face, online meetings, and phone communications. Be proactive with communication (internally and externally).
- Interact regularly with other cross-functional RPI internal stakeholders to ensure that company priorities are aligned with customer direction.
- Analyze customer complaints with RPI team and provide feedback / strategies to achieve resolution.
- Responsible for monitoring and facilitating action in regard to overall account performance (forecast vs actuals, quality metrics, SLA metrics).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain regular forecasts from customers and share /review with Sales, Finance, and Supply Chain teams.
- Regularly monitor customer actuals-to-budget / forecast and take action with customer based on data and trends.
- Negotiate customer service level agreements / order cut-off dates around key holidays.
- Regular communication with customers to ensure RPI /customer business alignment.
- Facilitate customer business reviews and pre-peak / post-peak meetings.
- Coordinate and facilitate customer on-site visits.
- Communication and coordination with RPI’s European division to leverage RPI solutions for Global accounts.
- Communication and coordination with RPI’s prInternet (outsource) team to leverage RPI solutions across product lines and geographies.
- Work with Finance on monthly credit reconciliation and invoicing for customer accounts.
- Utilize Salesforce for initiating / tracking all new customer opportunities.
- Work with Senior Account Director and other RPI Executives on accounts.
- Provide proactive communication to customers regarding status of orders and SLA.
- Sustain and/or grow revenue with existing accounts.
- Handle pricing negotiations for new products / services for customers.
- Recommend corrective actions and partner with internal resources to address customer issues.
- Create / update Account Plans for existing accounts.
- Manage implementation of new marketing items for customers (inserts, etc).
- Manage adding / changing materials for existing customers/products (includes paper, envelopes, packaging, adding new foil or die-cut designs, and ship methods for existing services).
- Experience in the on-demand photo product, commercial print, Graphic Arts, and/or manufacturing industry preferred.
- 3+ years in Account Management or equivalent role.
- Must display strong verbal and written communication skills, and thrive under pressure.
- Experience managing customers with high expectations for quality, service, responsiveness, and results.
- Basic project management experience.
- 2-3 years of experience working with Digital Print Media preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM (i.e. Salesforce) and Reporting tools (i.e. Tableau) preferred.
- Experience collecting information/data for presentations/planning.
- Demonstrable experience of working fearlessly with internal teams at a variety of levels and across functions to manage client expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
- Negotiation skills with both external customers and internal cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented but able to see the big picture.
- Solid troubleshooting and creative solutions-finding skills.
- Positive energy and aligned with RPI Values of Commitment, Passion, Adaptability, Trust, and Entrepreneurship.