Cost Accounting Manager
This is a newly created functional Manager position that will be responsible for building out RPI’s Cost Accounting function. This includes managing activities such as collaborating cross-functionally to resolve purchase price variance and to ensure correct inventory valuation. This role will be responsible for driving processes, disciplines, and best practices to support strategic objectives, product pricing, margin analysis, and decision support for RPI’s costing activities. The successful candidate will have strong leadership qualities, communication, and collaboration skills along with a strong command of product costing. We are preparing to enhance our ERP system, Epicor, and this position will play a key role in defining and designing key cost accounting activities.
Location- Seattle, WA
What You Will Do
- Serve as a subject matter expert and lead the Company's costing activities to ensure accurate and consistent costing practices
- Develop the costing methodology and KPI reporting for inventory & management cost reporting
- Assist senior management teams in understanding costs, purchase price variances, and other operating measures, including product/SKU level margins through key strategic reports
- Responsible for providing and verifying product costs in support of all cost-based pricing contracts, intercompany transfer pricing
- Identify potential issues and coordinate issue resolution/problem solving with other functional teams
- General ledger reconciliation responsibility for all inventory and cost of goods sold accounts
- Drive the development of procedures and controls that ensure meaningful and reliable product costs and accurate inventories
- Maintain standard cost system to ensure accuracy of inventory valuation
- Calculate inventory reserves
- Cycle count tracking and reporting
- Support internal reviews and external audits
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA, or Certification (CMA, CPA) is a plus.
- At least 8 years of cost accounting experience with working knowledge of inventory valuation, standard costing, bill of materials, work orders, cost rates and factors, variances, and inventory reserves
- Good team building skills including trust, professionalism, and be able to garner consensus across diverse groups
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and collaboratively and strong organizational skills are essential
- Robust internal controls understanding and documentation of all financial processes and transactions
- Experience with Epicor or a related Tier 2 ERP system, and experience
- Experience leading or contributing to system enhancement initiatives
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; you ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations and warehouses domestically and internationally may be required on occasion.
Reischling Press Inc is a multinational printing and eCommerce company, headquartered in Tukwila, with global printing facilities. We produce a range of printed and electronic products from yearbooks, photobooks, magazines, and a wide range of business printing products.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org