The Production Manager provides day to day oversight and leadership for a large digital print, finishing and fulfillment facility. The primary areas of focus include managing labor, achieving production targets, executing strategies, implementing procedures and insuring compliance under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain technical understanding of production machinery and workflows.
- Act as the lead production contact and participate in planning meetings, communicate project objectives, changes, and necessary deadlines on a regular basis.
- Assure that department maintains quality standards and uses approved methods for problem definition and resolution.
- Ensure compliance to all SOP(s) related to production operations and provide significant level of support for continuous improvement program(s).
- Audit the process to insure compliance – to include Maintenance Logs, data and sample collection, waste recording, etc.
- Collaborate regularly with all employees to maintain a “safety first” work environment.
- Own the 5S program, insuring that it is sustained and supported.
- Manage multiple aspects of employee relations for 25 – 50 hourly employees, plus substantial seasonal workforce, to include, but not limited to, employee interviewing, hiring, coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, time off, training, and ongoing leadership development.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Spend 60%+ of the day on the production floor, providing high quality leadership to the operation on a departmental level.
- Work with employees of all developmental levels to advance their degree of expertise, knowledge and job satisfaction.
- Mentor the supervisors, developing their skill set.
- Actively manage the labor costs through control of OT and staffing levels.
- Work directly with other departments in a cooperative and constructive manner.
- Minimum of 4 years of management experience in a time sensitive production environment.
- BS/BA (4 year college degree) in business, operations, or related discipline. This requirement may be waived in lieu of equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to achieve production results and influence outcomes.
- Competence with MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, etc., as well as experience with more advanced/proprietary production control systems
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 and Lean Manufacturing techniques a large plus.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Standing, walking, talking for long periods of time.
- Work in a loud manufacturing environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.Apply Now